BioStars is a biotech startup-building comprehensive vehicle, running EMEA-wide, aimed at enabling the bio-entrepreneurs of tomorrow to turn their scientific ideas into commercial products, by providing 4D mentorship and funding.
Join us along with a panel of world-renowned experts on Monday 24th October at the University of Oxford!
The event will consist of a short informative session, providing an overview, key dates and the application process for the BioStars programme. We also have scheduled a panel discussion involving members of different areas of expertise. A drinks reception will be held following the session, which will serve as an ideal opportunity to network with like-minded individuals.
h1800 - Welcome keynote & Introduction to BioStars
h1830 - Panel discussion: Biotech startups: trends, opportunities and challenges
h1930 - Final remarks/questions
h1945-2100 - Drinks reception
- Prof. Hagan Bayley -Professor of Chemical Biology at the University of Oxford | Co-founder of Oxford Nanopore
- Dr. Adam Stoten - Head of Technology Transfer, Life Sciences at Oxford University Innovation
- Dr. Andrew McLean - Principal Investor at Oxford Sciences Innovation
- Dr. Jon Rees - Managing Director at Jon Rees Associates
- Dr. Dara Henry - Director, Immunology Innovation Fund at GSK
- Dr. Inna Pertsovskaya - BioStars Alumna | Founder and CEO of Pepper Biomarkers
What is BioStars?
BioStars is a life and health sciences comprehensive accelerator programme. If you are passionate about turning a scientific idea into a start-up business, this is your opportunity to take concrete steps.
Application deadline: Wed 7th December 2016, h2359 (BST).
How does BioStars work?
Open stream for those with an innovative life sciences idea, across all life and health science disciplines at any developmental stage.
Structured stream for those interested in novel pre-developed high impact projects with our industrial partners.
- £30 000 Non-dilutive funding
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Facilitated Lab and Office Space
- 4D MENTORSHIP AND ONGOING SUPPORT: Scientific, Business Development, Legal/IP, Investment/VC
- WAIVING CROWDFUNDING LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE FEES
...and A FEW MORE SURPRISES TO FOLLOW!
For any queries regarding the programme,
please contact Ms. Ellie Price -PI BioStars Manager, at: email@example.com
When & Where
Panacea Innovation (formerly Oxford Biotech) is an umbrella underneath which novel initiatives are introduced to mine for “undervalued assets” in the Academia/Industry/Investment triple-helix and give rise to high-impact assets, whenever and wherever.
Our mission is to change the way the world does science, for the betterment of humankind, by establishing vehicles that aim to maximize life and health sciences translation whilst providing outstanding revenues to our partners.
Panacea Innovation initiatives are broad ranging. From academia, where funding and credit for scientists and clinicians can be controlled by publishing lots of low- impact papers or speaking at conferences in a cycle that seems underperforming, to industry where the declining R&D productivity has raised doubts about the sustainability of its renowned financial returns, to venture capital where investors still need a better established deal flow rather than looking for the Nash equilibrium.