Actions and Detail Panel
#BizTalks presents: How to Protect Your Business Ideas at home and abroad
Wed 7 June 2017, 17:30 – 19:30 BST
Business & IP Centre Sheffield is pleased to welcome back our partners at the Intellectual Property Office. This session is perfect for businesses looking to protect their IP at home and abroad.
Businesses create and use intellectual property all the time, perhaps without realising it. The Value of your IP whether it’s a trade mark, patent, design, copyright or trade secret can far outweigh the value of your physical assets.
This workshop will explore the world of IP both at home and abroad and go through some of the key benefits and pitfalls of IP when exporting.
Participants on this course will be able to:
- Describe the different types of IP and identify them within their business.
- Understand the different between registered and unregistered rights
- See the important and value of IP to their business
- Understand the IP rights are territorial so different countries can have different regulations
- Explain the different routes and mechanisms to protect IP abroad
- Identify potential IP issues when exporting