Actions and Detail Panel
Black and White Editing Workshop ( Gigs and Live Music)
Sat 23 September 2017, 10:30 – 16:30 BST
EDITING & PROCESSING LIVE GIG IMAGES – With Jim Moody & Warren Millar
There are only 12 places on this workshop and its £69.99 per person with Tea and Coffee included.
Jim and Warren work together regularly around the local music scene at various venues and festivals and both have a wealth of experience shooting stage and live music events. This workshop follows on from our FujiHolics sell out live gig photography workshops with Warren Millar. It is aimed at helping you achieve the best results from your stage and live music images. Focussing only on black and white processing techniques, the workshop aims to cover the necessary elements involved in editing your live gig images to add impact and depth whilst enhancing the overall atmosphere of your shots. Jim and Warren both have very similar styles when it comes to their mono images but each have different ways of achieving the final results. As well as a demonstrating their processing workflow they will also pass on a host of personal ‘software recipes’, tips and tricks to help you get the best results from your gig images.
The workshop aims to cover the following elements:
- Introductions and briefing
- Open discussion:
- Choosing the best images for processing.
- The software used to process and edit the images.
- Initial basic adjustments and tweaking.
- Using plugins and exporting/integration into other software.
- Live editing and processing demonstrations:
- Jim and Warren will in turn demonstrate the methods they use.
- Delegates will be able to follow along in real time with the demonstrations.
(Delegates will follow the live demonstration on the big screen. This is the opportunity for taking notes and observing the techniques involved with processing).
- The afternoon session will be dedicated to the delegates editing and processing their images using their own laptops (if they wish). Both Jim and Warren will be on hand for individual tuition and guidance during this part of the course.
- Open discussion:
- Opportunity to review final results.
- Critique of images and processing results (optional).
The software which will be used for this workshop will be Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop and the NIK Collection from Google. To achieve the best results from this workshop, it would be beneficial for delegates to bring their own laptop, ideally loaded with either Lightroom or Photoshop and definitely NIK Collection which is now free to download from Google. A selection of music or gig images of your choice. *Please note that the processes and elements involved can be applied to any genre of photography but are best suited towards stage and live music images.
Delegates’ are requested to bring: A notebook and pen. A laptop loaded with Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/NIK Collection *Please note that this is optional and not a requirement for completing the course.
Tea and Coffee and water will be provided and there is a fridge for your use on the day.
The venue is up a steep set of stairs so unfortunately no disabled access to this event.
Terms and conditions.