Actions and Detail Panel
Black History Month: Celebration of Creativity and Wellbeing
Fri 21 October 2016, 18:00 – 21:00 BST
This event will be the climax of our series of events and exhibitions staged at CoolTan Arts for Southwark's Black History Month Festival.
It will showcase, celebrate and promote discussion around the theme of What Black History Means to You and include work from the other Black History Month events and workshops.
Find your creative way to wellbeing with Afro-American music and dance; aromatherapy workshops and a smoothie bar.
Read the full schedule below:
- Take part in a mindfulness or yoga session with OYA Retreat for Women of Colour
- Make your own aromatherpay care product
- Try a smoothie inspired by the fruits of West Africa
- Enjoy live music fusing Caribbean and British reggae
- Listen to talk about the Resilience, Diversity and Cultural Wealth of the ‘Black’ People
- Browse our exhibition and make your own postcard inspired by the heritage and history of Southwark's Black community!