Actions and Detail Panel
Boccia Leaders Course
Thu 8 December 2016, 12:30 – 17:00 GMT
To introduce the necessary skills and knowledge required to be an effective boccia leader. The course has been designed to cover the important elements of delivering a boccia activity within the community.
- Introduce and teach the game of boccia, understand basic rules and the interpretation of rules
- Lead boccia sessions with an appropriately structured activity plan and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- Be aware of the needs of individuals and the empowerment of all players
- Teach basic skill practices to players
- Introduce creativity and fun sessions
- Have an understanding of the existing competitive structures to enable individuals to progress in the sport
The course is suitable for community workers, leaders and individual players. Including those involved with:
- Residential homes
- Sports clubs
- County Sports Partnerships
4.5 hours with a requirement to undertake a minimum of 2 hours follow on activity within a leadership capacity in order to achieve accreditation.
Please note, only 2 delegates can book on per organisation. Please also be aware that delegates who book on the course and do not attend will be charged a £10 admin fee.