Over the last few years I have been developing low and no cost approaches to economic, personal and community development leading to new projects such as:
- Progress Schools
- Community Conversations
- Local Community Enterprise Accelerators ('Elsies')
- Innovation Labs and
- Results Factories
These are my best efforts to provide an infrastructure that allows the private, public, third sector and those of 'no sector' to give and get the help that they need to develop enterprising projects and people, and for the development of 'community' by building relationships and networks around local activists.
This one day masterclass will provide:
- an overview of the 'responsive', bottom up philosophy that underpins each of these projects and its relationship to more commonly found 'strategic efforts at community development and strategy implementation
- practical 'warts and all' insights into each of the 5 projects listed above including their progress, impact and cost base
- an exploration of the links between the various projects and how they work together to provide an infrastructure for progress
- an overview of the factors that drive their development and an exploration of how these can be managed
- insights into how the projects manage social inclusion
- opportunities to explore how these projects can be used to inform economic, community and personal development in your own area.
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals and practitioners interested in new apporaches to economic and community development
- Councillors and lcoal authority staff with responsibility for neighbourhoods and community
- Representatives from the private sector with an interest in community and neighbourhood development, corporate social repsonsibility or looking to develop links with their community
- Funders looking for new ideas in community development and regneration
- Local people looking for affordable and accessible approaches to community development
When & Where
Mike Chitty - NHSLA
For over 30 years I have helped people, organisations and communities to make progress. I have worked as a teacher, manager and leader in the public, private and third sector. I am Head of Delveiry at the NHS Leadership Academy in Leeds.