Sales Ended

Bournemouth to Paris Cycle Challenge 2017

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Bournemouth

United Kingdom

View Map

Friends Who Are Going
Event description

Description

Join us on an amazing four day cycle challenge from the sandy beaches of Bournemouth, to the beautiful destination of Paris. You’ll have an unforgettable long weekend as you cycle 296 miles through some of the best English and French countryside, passing through small villages, medieval market towns and the iconic Normandy Landing Beaches.

Bournemouth to Paris itinerary

Leaving Bournemouth Square, we take the coast road towards Christchurch and onwards through the picturesque New Forest, before bedding down for our last night on British soil in Portsmouth. After catching the morning ferry to Cherbourg, we hug the beautiful French coastline, taking in the Normandy Landing beaches. We then start to head inland, passing through some of Frances most stunning Northern countryside and villages. With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement. Our last day in Paris allows us to explore the sights and soak up the romantic atmosphere of this majestic city before heading back to London by Eurostar on the Monday. A coach will be waiting for you at St Pancreas to take you back to Bournemouth and your bikes will be carefully looked after by our support vehicles.

Whether you’re an individual rider or looking to sign up as a team, this ride is not to be missed!

Day 1: Bournemouth to Portsmouth (62 miles)

Day 2: Portsmouth to Cherboug (via ferry) to Bayeux (72 miles)

Day 3: Bayeux to Evreux (98 miles)

Day 4: Evreux to Paris (64 miles)

Day 5: Eurostar back to London and coach transfer to Bournemouth

Your entry includes:

  • A dedicated contact at Julia’s House, who will give you one-to-one support all the way
  • Free Julia’s House cycling jersey
  • All transfers, accommodation in hotels, breakfast and lunch
  • Ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and Eurostar return (with coach to Bournemouth)
  • Fully trained ride leaders
  • Qualified First Aiders Medical support
  • Support vehicles
  • A medal for all finishers
  • An invitation to the Hospice where you can see how we use the money you raise for us
  • Fundraising support, ideas and tips
  • Regular communications to keep you up to date
  • Huge cheers and support on the day!

Tour costs and fundraising

If you would like to take part and support Julia’s House, there are two ways you can get involved:

  1. Pay a deposit of £199 and pledge to raise £1500*.
  2. Self-fund the tour for £799 (pay a deposit of £199 to secure your booking and then pay the balance of £600). There’s no minimum sponsorship commitment, simply raise as much as you can.

Please contact Hannah.miller@juliashouse.org or ask to speak to Hannah on 01202 644220 if you have any questions.

* By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £1,500. 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received no later than 4 weeks before departure. The remaining 20% must be received by 18th September 2017. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge. If you have chosen to self-fund the trip, the remaining balance of £600 is due no later than 1st July 2017. Once you have paid your registration fee, we will be in touch to discuss payment.

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Bournemouth

United Kingdom

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved