£199

Bournemouth to Paris Cycle Challenge 2018

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time

Location

Location

Bournemouth

United Kingdom

View Map

Event description

Description

Join us on an amazing four-day cycle challenge from the sandy beaches of Bournemouth, to the beautiful destination of Paris. You’ll have an unforgettable long weekend as you cycle more than 300 miles through some of the best English and French countryside, passing through small villages, medieval market towns and the iconic Normandy Landing Beaches.

Bournemouth to Paris itinerary

Leaving Bournemouth, we take the coast road towards Christchurch and onwards through the picturesque New Forest, before bedding down for our last night on British soil in Portsmouth. After catching the morning ferry to Cherbourg, we hug the beautiful French coastline, taking in the Normandy Landing Beaches. We then start to head inland, passing through some of France’s most stunning northern countryside and villages. With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower, our finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement. Our last day in Paris allows us to explore the sights and soak up the romantic atmosphere of this majestic city!

Whether you’re an individual rider or looking to sign up as a team, this ride is not to be missed!

Your entry includes:

  • A dedicated contact at Julia’s House, who will give you one-to-one support all the way
  • Free Julia’s House cycling jersey
  • Two free training rides in the New Forest
  • Three days of Guided Riding with fully trained ride leaders
  • Four nights’ accommodation in hotels, including breakfast and lunch
  • All transfers including ferry crossing from Portsmouth to Cherbourg and Eurostar return (with coach to Bournemouth)
  • Celebratory gala dinner on the last night in Paris
  • Qualified First Aiders medical support
  • Support vehicles with full mechanical support
  • A medal for all finishers
  • An invitation to the hospice where you can see how we use the money you raise for us
  • Fundraising support, ideas and tips
  • Regular communications to keep you up-to-date
  • Huge cheers and support on the day!

Please contact Hannah.miller@juliashouse.org or ask to speak to Hannah on 01202 644220 if you have any questions. Hannah took part in the ride last year and will be joining you again this year.

* By paying your deposit, you are committing to raising the minimum sponsorship of £1,650. 80% (£1,320) of the minimum sponsorship must be received no later than ten weeks before departure (Thursday 26th July 2018). The remaining 20% (£330) must be received one week before departure. If you have chosen to self-fund the trip, the remaining balance of £782 is due by Thursday 26th July 2018.

Share with friends

Date and Time

Location

Bournemouth

United Kingdom

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved