Boys: Not Just a Problem, Part of the Solution
This course is designed for those who are involved with or planning to develop their sex and relationships work with groups of boys and young men or individually. Participants may benefit from attending Level 1 Sex & Relationships, but this is not a pre-course requirement.
This one-day, practical course covers effective approaches, strategies and resources for working with boys and young men around issues relating to sexual health. There is a key focus on emerging issues such as pornography and sexting, consent and abuse.
- Think about your motivation for working with boys and young men
- Clarify your understanding of young men and issues such as pornography and sexting, consent and teen abuse
- Examine ways of adopting a sex positive approach
- Review a range of resources available for doing this work
- Plan a practical approach to working on sexual health issues with boys and young men
09:30 am to 3:30 pm
1 per year
Places on the course are usually awarded on a first come first serve basis. However, if the course is oversubscribed, we will limit the number of people applying from the same organisation. Once you have booked your place you will be sent a confirmation email through Eventbrite. Should we need to change the event details or your booking as a result of being oversubscribed we will contact you at the earliest convenience.
These courses are free but if you cannot attend you must let us know 5 working days before the course or you will be charged £60 for full-day courses and £30 for half-day courses. Please email email@example.com if you cannot attend.