Actions and Detail Panel
BPTC OPINON WRITING REVISION
Sun 16 July 2017, 10:00 – 17:30 BST
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all love of what you are doing or learning to do.”
- This is an interactive 1 day workshop. You will work on your opinion writing skills and with other group members. The workshop is collaborative and informal.
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12students.
- 1-2-1 feedback from the Suzanne, The Study Coach
What will the workshop cover?
We aim to create a supportive environment in which you feel free to learn and ask questions. You will improve the way you:
- Read and record key information
- Enhance your critical thinking skills
- Improve how you express your ideas
- And write better opinions
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is aimed at BPTC students who want to improve their opinion writing skills for the summer assessment. This is a great opportunity to refresh and improve your opinion writing skills
Who is Suzanne, The Study Coach?
Suzanne Reece is a solicitor (non- practising) who worked for over 17 years in several legal firms. She later moved into education teaching post graduate law at City University of London for nearly 10 years. She is also a guest lecturer at Coventry University. Her skills:
- skills teaching- opinion writing, drafting, advocacy, professional negligence and employment law on the BPTC,
- LLM dissertations supervision
- academic support
- Assessment marking for opinion writing, drafting, advocacy, professional negligence and employment law on the BVC, BPTC and LLM
- Designing assessments for opinion writing, drafting, advocacy, professional negligence and employment law
- BPTC course design.
- Pro Bono advice clinic supervisor
Suzanne Reece, The Study Coach, B.A. (Hons), P.G.C.E, C.P.E, Solicitor (non-practising)
Suzanne understands what tutors are looking for in an outstanding opinion and can help you to produce opinions that get the top grades. She has taught and helped many students obtain outstanding grades. Join her for a workshop that will really change the way you think and write your next opinion.
What will the 1 day Workshop cost?
The first 4 students will receive a £100 discount and pay £149.27 (including the booking fee £9.27) and lunch.
The full cost of the workshop is £250.16 (including booking fee £ 15..16) and lunch.
When is the workshop?
14 July 2017
15 July 2017
16 July 2017
Venue: CitizenM Hotel Bankside, 20 Lavington Street London SE1 0NZ
(nearest tubes Southwark, London Bridge or Borough Underground stations.)
What's the refund policy?
Yes. Full refund up to 7 full days before the workshop. After 7 days students, will be offered an alternative date for the same workshop. Refunds may be given at the organiser’s discretion.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. Downlaod your ticket on your mobile device or bring a printed ticket.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes, the name should match.
Is lunch included in the ticket price?
Yes. Refreshments and lunch is provided in the cost of your ticket. Hot and cold drinks and bottled water is available during the day. If you have any special dietary requirements, please email with details at least 7 days before your workshop. Lunch will consist of artisan sandwiches, fruit and cake with hot tea and coffee.
Is there a timetable?
9.45 –10.00 Arrival at venue and coffee
10.00-10.15 Introduction- setting our objective for the day
10.15-11.00 Understanding RED
11.15-12.00 Exercise One – Case Study- Reading
12.00-13.00 Exercise Two-Case Study - Evaluation
14.00-15.00 Exercise Three –Case Study- Conclusions and decisions
15.15-16.30 Personal Feedback from Suzanne, The Study Coach
16.30-17.30 Q & A Group discussions (Time to ask questions)
*subject to student progress in the workshop