Actions and Detail Panel
Bradbourne House Tours
Thu 6 April 2017, 13:30 – 16:30 BST
Discover The History of Bradbourne House, followed by a cream tea in the Great Hall.
Let our renowned local historian, Pete Batty guide you around this stunning Grade I listed building revealing it’s often little known past which in parts dates back to Tudor times.
The tours conclude with a Kentish cream tea in the Great Hall.
- Explore this beautiful property, originally built in Tudor times set within 20 acres of parkland
- Discover the famous Hatton Fruit Gardens
- Enter the Great Hall and go back in time to discover the Twisden family and hear about its impact on local and national history
- Hear of the connection between the owner of Bradbourne House and royalty
- Admire the impressive rooms and see one of the most intriguing fire escapes from the 1700’s!
- Enjoy the stories of the sisters’ ‘Republic’!
- Learn of the house’s connection with the world famous East Malling Horticultural Research Station
Bradbourne House – One house, 12 Baronets and a host of stories to delight the discerning visitor.
The tour is on foot & will last approximately 1 ½ hours, mostly inside. Appropriate clothing should be worn to discover the parkland & Hatton Gardens. Tour is suitable for wheelchair access.
Tours for groups for NIAB EMR and/or Bradbourne House can be arranged at mutually convenient times.
Why not visit both NIAB EMR and Bradbourne House all in one day?
Please ask us for availability and a special price for this.
Email or call 01732 523755 to discuss your requirements.