Actions and Detail Panel
Bradt Travel Writing Workshop
Sun 20 November 2016, 10:00 – 17:00 GMT
Discover how to turn your travels into published articles at this Sunday workshop led by top professionals.
Hosted by the Bradt Guides publishing house, this fast-track event offers a wide-ranging introduction to travel writing that sells. Focussed on travel articles and guidebooks, it offers the experts' view on how to write well and get your work published.
To ease your path, the day also looks at two 'soft-entry' points – blogging and competitions – which can help you to break into the market.
An amazing panel of top editors and journalists lead the day. Together they give the inside track on how to write and pitch successfully. The seminar does not include writing practice sessions, but does cover the key topics of how to write more powerfully, how to structure an article, how the market works for articles and guidebooks, examples of good style by top professionals, a recommended reading list, and advice on your next steps.
- Hilary Bradt, founder of Bradt Travel Guides and award-winning travel writer for national newspapers and magazines for four decades.
- Ben Ross, Travel Editor of the Telegraph.
- Alastair McKenzie, travel blogger and social media expert, webmaster for the British Guild of Travel Writers.
- Adrian Phillips, managing director of Bradt Travel Guides and BGTW Travel Writer of the Year.
- Jonathan Lorie, former editor of Traveller magazine, freelance travel writer for the Telegraph, Times, Guardian and others.
Full details of the course and organisers are here.