BRAIN INJURY AWARNESS TRAINING FOR PROFESSIONAL
Thursday 3rd November 2016, 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Dove Lodge, Beach Road, Littlehampton.
This 3 hour course is for those supporting someone with a brain Injury in a professional capacity.
Professionals working to support people with ABI or their families often find that having limited knowledge of ABI and its effects can hamper their ability to support that person fully.
During this course you will learn to recognise the physical, psychological, cognitive and executive effects of ABI. The training will help you be aware of the ways people can be supported to cope with those effects in your professional contacts.
This course will:
Help you to be able to understand how the brain works
How a brain injury affects the brain
How a Brain Injury affects the person
How to give support to cope with the effects.
The course is delivered by Deborah Robinson. Deborah has extensive ABI and training experience and works within Headway.
Refreshments are available from 1.00pm. Please arrive ready to start the training at 1.30pm promptly, we have a lot to get through. You will receive all the slides as handouts and a certificate.
When coming to Dove Lodge, please park on the road, there is plenty of free parking near the building.
- There are two disabled parking spaces at the front of the building/car park at rear if they are full.
- The building is fully accessible.
- If you are attending training please sign in and make your way to the training room.
- Dove Lodge is about a 5-10 minute walk from Littlehampton train station and buses to the town centre are frequent.
- Please DO NOT park at the rear of the building or you may receive a fine.