When you’ve got the hang of the basics, try our more advanced course. We’ll talk about different flour types and give you some practical tips on how to make sourdough, ferments, and different shaped breads.
Understanding flour and yeast
Feeding the mother dough
Differing hydration levels
Temperatures and the effect of
Dutch pot method of baking
What you’ll make:
100% rye sour
Almond and Cinnamon cake
- Arrive at 9am for tea and coffee and course introduction
- Morning to involve demonstrations and practical involvement of sours and fermentation and discuss pre fermented flour
- How to work with starters and flying sponge methods
- Enjoy a tapas style lunch with some of the morning’s bakes
- Start various breads using, rye, wholemeal and white flours
- Finish course at 4.30pm and take home breads from the day
Spaces for this course are subject to minimum number of participants.