Actions and Detail Panel
Breakfast Seminar for Chesterfield Engineering and Manufacturing Businesses
Wed 9 November 2016, 08:00 – 10:00 GMT
This free-to-attend breakfast seminar is organised in association with Destination Chesterfield, MSE Hiller and the University of Derby. It is ideal for local businesses, in particular those within the engineering and manufacturing sector, looking to find out more about how working with the university can increase competitiveness, productivity and innovation.
Held at the University’s new Chesterfield campus, at the St Helena building, formerly Chesterfield Girls High School, this event will offer a useful insight into the facilities, equipment and support on offer to you as a local Chesterfield business.
The campus has received investment from partners including £3.48million from the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership (promoting economic growth across Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire).
Objectives of the morning:
1. Provide an overview of the exciting new opportunities on offer from the Chesterfield Campus
2. Learn more about grant funding and initiatives available now and how you can access these
3. Hear how MSE Hiller have benefitted from collaborating with the university on a Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP)
4. Gain a better understanding of higher apprenticeships, professional qualifications geared around work based learning relevant to the engineering and manufacturing sector
5. Tour of the new campus facilities, including the innovation centre and Fablabs
This event is open to Chesterfield businesses only. Booking is essential and limited to a maximum of 2 delegates per organisation.
This event is supported by the European Regional Development Fund