A Health Education England event supported by UCLPartners - Breaking Down the Barriers: Passing the Baton
You are invited to the first 'Breaking Down the Barriers: Pass the Baton' workshop series taking place on 05/12/2016 from 0930 – 13:00hrs at UCLPartners.
This event aims to:
- Provide an insight into how Breaking Down the Barriers has been successfully delivered across some of the MH and Acute trusts/organisations
- Explore how NHS mental health and Acute (Emergency, A&E and urgent care) settings can work collaboratively to support the continual delivery of mental and physical health education and training needs across the NHS workforce.
- Walk through how we can effectively overcome currently challenges and bottlenecks to training exchange and delivery, what works and what doesn’t
- Identify NHS Trusts/organisations priorities and requirements
- Build a network to share operational and sustainable strategic approaches
Who is the workshop for?
- Learning and Development Managers/Leads
- Professional Nursing Development Managers
- Trust Education Managers
- CEPN Leads and Managers
- Nursing Education and Training Leads
- Transformation Managers
- Physical Health Leads in MH Trusts
- A&E MH Liaison Leads
- Speciality training leads
- Health Based Places of Safety Leads and 136 Leads
- Medical Education Managers
- Professional Practice Development Nurse and Nurse Educators
- NHS Professionals with an interest in education and training
Confirmed speakers include:
- Claire Johnston, Director of Nursing and People, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Fiona Nolan, Chair of Clinical Mental Health Nursing Research, Florence Nightingale Foundation
- Dr Mohan Bhat, Director of Medical Education, North East London Foundation Trust
- Dr Matthew Fernando, Fellow in Medical Education; and ST6 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, North East London Foundation Trust
- Kevin Cann, Resuscitation, PMVA and Medical Devices Lead, Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
Refreshments will be provided.