Please note; If you would like to make multiple bookings or want your trust/organisation to be invoiced directly, please contact Ellen.Nelson@uclpartners.com. For individual bookings, £40.00 will be charged upon registration but will be fully refunded within 48 hours of attendance.
This inaugural event will focus on how the NHS five-year forward plans through the STP’s are leading to changes and transforming the approach to education, training and delivery across NHS primary, secondary and tertiary settings.
Breaking Down the Barriers conference, commissioned by Health Education England and supported by UCLPartners, aims to support the NHS workforce by sharing ideas, making and building on existing connections, sharing learning, new educational training resources and approaches.
Overall the conference will demonstrate how we can increase awareness, confidence, knowledge and skills to break down mental and physical health stigma across the NHS workforce in order to improve patient care and lead to better patient, clinical and service outcomes. Find out more about Breaking Down the Barriers.
Who should attend?
- NHS A&E, Emergency & Urgent Care Consultants, Practitioners, Clinicians and Nurses
- NHS Mental Health Care Consultants, Practitioners, Clinicians and Nurses
- General Practitioners, GP Practice staff and Consultants
- Junior doctors, Student nurses, NHS support workers, Transformation teams
- NHS Primary/community health care professionals, specialists and multi-disciplinary staff in any (speciality or discipline)
- NHS training, learning & development education professional practice development departments, educators and NHS Education Networks
- Community Education Provider Networks (CEPNs)
- Chief Executive Officers, Directors of Nursing, Directors of Medical Education and Clinical Directors
- STP’s, NHSE, Care Quality Commission (CQC), NHS Services for Health Improvement, Department of Health, NHS England.
- Universities and HEI’s,
- Clinical Commissioning Groups, Council commissioners and social care professionals in tertiary care settings
Chair: Professor Peter Fonagy, Programme Director at UCLPartners and Chief Executive Officer, Anna Freud Centre.
- Gregor Henderson, Director of Wellbeing and Mental Health, Public Health England
- Claire Johnston, Director of Nursing, Camden and Islington Foundation Trust
- Louise Morton, Dean of Healthcare Professions, Health Education England
- Deb Smith, NHS Patient
- John Brouder, Chief Executive, North East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Maria Kane, Chief Executive, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- Dr Lise Hertel, General Practitioner, Clinical Lead for Integrated Urgent Care service NCL, Clinical associate, New Models of Care
- Professor Mike Roberts, Programme Director Education and Capability & Clinical Academic Lead for Population Health UCLPartners
- Dr Julian Stern, Director of Adult and Forensic Services; and Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy, The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Sanjiv Ahluwalia, Post Graduate Dean, Health Education England
- Dr Sergio Sawh & Dr Fiona Croft, ST6 Emergency Medicine Registrars and ED Simulation Fellows, UCLH Emergency Department
The conference will provide an insight into the effectiveness and utilisation of collaborative and reciprocal approaches to aid the design, development of educational materials, training and delivery across the NHS workforce.
It will also demonstrate real life examples on how working together across local levels can lead towards a sustainable NHS training exchange programme across primary, secondary and tertiary settings.
The conference will help to identify and commit to the further process changes, embedment and long-term sustainability processes that are needed to close the knowledge, education and training gaps in physical and mental health inequalities across the NHS workforce.
Places are limited. Register now to avoid disappointment.
Other important information
Please note: Filming and photogrophy will be taking place on the day. If you do not wish to be captured, please contact us prior to the event.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact us using the form/link below
Are refreshments provided?
Yes! Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided on the day.
We look forward to seeing you!