Actions and Detail Panel
Brexit and the environment: An opportunity or a threat?
Fri 12 May 2017, 17:30 – 19:00 BST
In association with SPERI: speri.dept.shef.ac.uk
Part of the Festival of Debate: www.festivalofdebate.com
The EU has championed environmental causes, but it hasn't been perfect. Does increased sovereignty post-Brexit create a threat or an opportunity, and how could it help us achieve environmental goals? Join politicians, policy-makers and EU law experts to discuss whether the UK environment will be better off after Brexit.
- Dr Apolline Roger, School of Law, The University of Sheffield
- Paul Blomfield MP, Labour Member of Parliament for Sheffield Central
- Kate Jennings, Head of Site Conservation Policy, RSPB, www.rspb.org.uk
- James Copeland, Environment and Land Use Adviser for the North East Region, National Farmers Union, www.nfuonline.com
- Chaired by Daniel Bailey, SPERI, speri.dept.shef.ac.uk