Actions and Detail Panel
Bridging Communities Active Citizens Taster/Info Session 2
Tue 2 May 2017, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
Invitation to active citizens and community 'leaders' (through work or voluntary roles) living in or near central Rochdale.
Come along to find out more about our free 12-week course in Conflict Resolution and Connections starting in September 2017.
The course will be a chance to develop and/or deepen the following skils:
1. CONFLICT RESOLUTION: the skills, confidence and capacity to understand, manage and resolve personal, social and community conflicts.
2. SELF-AWARENESS: the ability to recognise how beliefs and values directly affect attitudes and behaviour and deepen understanding of how your beliefs and values may impact on conflict.
3. UNDERSTANDING CONNECTION AND DISCONNECTION: the skills and knowledge to understand how we can become disconnected from others and how we can connect effectively with those around us.
4. PUBLIC SPEAKING: enhance and/or develop skills to speak confidently and eloquently in public. Maximise your voice and develop key body language and vocal skills to reach your audience effectively.
5. LEADING EFFECTIVE COMMUNITY DIALOGUE: develop facilitation skills to lead an interactive community dialogue process focused on holding honest and open discussions where people listen to each other.
Come along to this informal info/'taster' session to meet the course trainers Lisa and Christine and find out more about this free, accredited course.
Bridging Communities is funded by the Lottery.
You can contact the organisers Christine Cox or Lisa Cumming via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us on : 01925 581 224 or 0781 361 2569