At the Bright Futures: Partnership Working for Preparing for Adulthood Conference, we will be exploring how we can support Rotherham young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities) and their families as they prepare to move to the next stages of their lives. We will work in partnership on the challenges and the solutions for young people as they move from child to adult services as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice 2014.
Who should attend ?
- Young People with SEND aged 14 to 25
- Parents and Carers
- Statutory Services - those who work with young people with SEND aged 14 to 25
- Private and Voluntary Sector - those interested in exploring and creating opportunities for young people with additional needs
Key Note Speakers
- Pat Bullen - NDTi (National Development Team for Inclusion)
- Jane Frisswell - Co-Founder of SENDRadicals and Former CEO of NASEN
- A variety of young people with SEND
Benefits of attending
- Gain an understanding of Preparing of Adulthood
- Work in co-production to look at the current challenges/solutions for families in Rotherham
- Clarity on current legislations including the Children and Families Act and the Care Act