San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
1. The sector we work in is Advertising, more specifically Experiential Marketing. Our emerging point of difference as an agency is that we look to provide an integrated solution for brand engagement which includes Experiential, Social and Digital media platforms – this is a concept that is understood by many but ignored by most at the moment, it is however the future for this burgeoning sector of the marketplace. We are looking for someone(s) who can help us grow the business through hands on advice (not a full time requirement) but industry contacts and the opportunity to bring in business is most important. Note, there is no business sector where experiential marketing cannot be considered relevant in terms of sales. We will offer a revenue share or consider equity in the business – revenue share is the preferred route at the moment.
2. Executive Salaried Chairman sought for £ms turnover VC backed tech company which will shortly float on AIM. The successful candidate MUST have quoted company experience and experience of the tech sector will be a distinct advantage. The role will be London based. A share option package will accompany the salary which will be at a market rate for the role. These are some of the characteristics the successful candidate will display:
- demonstrable track record of overseeing substantial growth in a listed services company environment in an executive or non executive role
- known in the City by institutional investors and analysts for past achievements
- recognised for rapid results
- experience of smaller company environments
- career in the Technology sector with B2B business models, but target B2C end user
- international experience
- strategic rather than operational mindset
- hands on, high energy, people business
3. Harwell spin-in seeks part-time CFO / COO and full-time Staff Engineer to commence on closing funding (expected Jan 2014). Prior exposure to hardware-focused early-stage technology companies is essential for both roles. CFO/COO must be ‘hands-on’ as the focus is on delivery using outsourced development partners and the organization will remain very light until the product is ready to scale. The Staff Engineer must have experience of electronic design including MEMS, and ideally exposure to thermal modeling. Again, we are looking for someone who is very practical and wants to spend time at the bench. Remuneration will be cash based at market rate. Options may be available at a later point.
4. Company promoting the take up of community owned, clean green renewable energy generation seek assistance in locating and including suitable client/host buildings for inclusion in the initiative. Property and related professionals or those interested in supporting the take up of renewable energy in the south west. Remuneration initially will be sweat equity (we are all volunteers) leading to paid employment if appropriate.
Please join us for the first Pitching for Management™ event of 2014 in Bristol on 28th January at 4.00pm - 7.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and early-stage companies present their businesses and the roles available to a room of individuals with the skills to help them reach their next stage of growth. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles on offer can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
16.00 : Registration & soft drinks
16.30 : Introductions
16.40 : Speaker
17.00 : Pitching Companies
17.30 : Break
17.40 : Pitching Companies
18.10: Networking and refreshments
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of our events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
If you are coming along to Burges Salmon, please use the office postcode (BS2 0ZX) to ensure you head to the right offices. Please note that due to limited spaces, you are unable to park at the Burges Salmon offices. A map of nearby car parks can be found here: http://www.burges-salmon.com/contact_us/bristol/Bristol_Office.pdf
Find us on:
When & Where
The Pluralists Investor Club
The Pluralists Investor Club www.thepluralists.club is operated by AngelNews which holds events on topics close to the hearts of investors and entrepreneurs. These include the annual VCT and EIS Investor Forum and the Great British Private Investor Summit.
It also publishes news on its website and monthly AngelNewsletter, which is full of topical articles, knowledge and views. You can sign up to receive it when you register at www.angelnewsletter.co.uk
For further information call: +44 20 7720 1102