Actions and Detail Panel
Bristol West Action Weekend: Molly for MP
Sat, 22 Apr 2017, 11:00 – Sun, 23 Apr 2017, 17:00 BST
Bristol West Action Weekend for Molly Scott Cato
Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd April 2017
11am to 5pm each day
Saturday 22nd April: 11am at 9 St Matthews Rd, Kingsdown, BS6 5TS.
Sunday 23rd April: 11am at 1 St Marks Terrace, Easton, BS5 0LL.
For the full weekend's schedule, please sign up to the event by clicking the button above.
Why campaign in Bristol West?
- Bristol West got the second highest Green Party vote share of any constituency in the UK after Brighton Pavilion in May 2015, increasing our percentage from 3.8% (2010) to 26.8%. This means that Bristol West is the most likely place in the country to deliver a second Green MP to join Caroline Lucas in the House of Commons and double our national representation.
- Our candidate, Molly Scott Cato, is already the South West region's Green MEP, and is also the Green Party's national spokesperson on EU Relations and Economy & Finance.
- We need the entire Green Party behind this campaign, just as Caroline Lucas did in her groundbreaking and historic campaign in 2010.
- We would like to meet you! We have already made some great, previously untapped connections across the South West region. Now, we would like to extend the invitation to the rest of England and Wales.
What will we be doing on the Action Weekend?
We will be knocking on doors, listening to and talking with residents of Bristol West about the issues they care about, and telling them about Molly and how the Green Party can win at the next election. We will also be leafleting in the Bristol West constituency.
What can we offer?
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel costs for those who require access funding.
- Free overnight accommodation with Bristol Green Party members (Friday and Saturday nights).
- Free "all diet" lunches on each Action Day (Saturday and Sunday).
- Comprehensive canvassing and leafleting training at the start of each day (Saturday and Sunday).
- A good night's entertainment with Bristol Green Party members somewhere in Bristol on Saturday night,
When do I need to be there?
You are welcome to come for as little or as long as you like. Both Saturday and Sunday will start at 11am (training) or 12 noon (for the start of canvassing and leafleting). All canvassers, no matter how experienced in their own locale, need to be "Bristol-briefed" to participate. We aim to finish by 5pm each day, with some fun social activities planned for the Saturday night.
Please tell us in your ticket reservation(s) which aspects of the event you plan to attend so we can plan ahead. (You may need to order two tickets.) We will be in touch if you have requested accommodation.
Where do I go?
Full address details will be provided to those registered for this event a week ahead of the Action Weekend.
Who should I contact to make overnight arrangements, or with any other queries?
Please email the campaign team on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
We look forward to you joining us in making history by electing our second Green MP. It's time!
Molly and the Bristol West campaign team