Actions and Detail Panel
British Shooting - Target Sprint - GB Final Ranking & National Series 2017...
Sun 21 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
This competition day is both GB Final Ranking Day and a British Shooting National Series Event. (closing date 14.05.17)
GB Final Ranking Races: (By invitation only).
British Shooting will be selecting for the Target Sprint World Championships in Suhl, Germany (23-25 June 2017).
To view more information about GB Target Sprint Selection 2017, please click here.
GB Final Ranking Races - Important information
- All athletes will race 2x (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) on the Final Ranking Day.Race Start Times: Morning - 9:15am, 10am. Afternoon - 2:45pm, 3:30pm. (NB. 15mins preceeding the Race Start Time is avaliable for Preparation and Sighting. The afternoon races may be brought forwards depending on National Series Race Entries. These races will be no earlier than 12:30pm to ensure recovery time).
- All athletes – Course: 3x 400m and 2x 10m Air Rifle shot at 35mm Knockdown Targets.
- Equipment used provided by the event organiser or Air Rifles meeting the ISSF Target Sprint Rules 6.2. can be used. (Organisers Air Rifles will be Air Arms MPR)
- From the posted Ranking Lists, both the top 10 avaliable ranked Junior Male and Junior Female athletes will be contacted following Ranking Event #3 and invited to the Final Ranking Day.
Target Sprint National Series 2017:
British Shooting are delivering a Target Sprint National Series, which culminates at the National Final held on Saturday 9th September at YOSC (Yate Outdoor Sports Complex). The top 5 placed competitors in all age/gender categories from all the Series events, who previously haven’t qualified for the 2017 National Final will qualify for the National Final.
To view more information about British Shooting Target Sprint National Series 2017, please click here.
National Series 2017 Races – Important Information
- All athletes – Course: 3x 400m and 2x 10m Air Rifle shot at 49.5mm Knockdown Targets.
- Equipment used provided by the event organiser. Air Rifles will be Air Arms MPR.
- Races will take place at 11:15am, 12noon, 12:45 and 1:30pm. (NB. 15mins preceeding the Race Start Time is avaliable for Preparation and Sighting).
- Limited entries avaliable, so be sure to enter asap!
- There will be no finals on the day. The results will decided on athletes' Heat times. Athletes can only race once in a National Series Race at this event. Athletes taking part in the GB Final Ranking Races are also allowed to enter a National Series Race if wanted.
- If spaces are still avaliable after the closing date (14.05.17), entries will be taken on the day on a first come first served basis at the extra cost of £10 per entry.
- Any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entrants will be contacted 7 days before the event via the email address given upon entry with their Race Start Time. If you haven’t heard from the event organiser by the Wednesday preceding the event, please contact Events@BritishShooting.org.uk
2017 Target Sprint Selection Policy
For more detailed information about the 2017 GB Selection Policy, please follow the links below.
British Shooting Target Sptint National Series 2017
For more information about British Shooting Target Sprint National Series 2017, please click here
Can I bring my own air rifle?
For all Ranking competitions ISSF Target Sprint Rule 6.2 will be applied. (6.2. Air Rifles – Sport Class II. Max weight 4.5kg, Trigger pull unlimited, Adjustment aperture non-optical rear sight, Non-optical front sight with interchangeable inserts, Pneumatic CO or compression air, Single loading (no repeater or magazine rifles). Event equipment control will reflect this.
For the National Series Races equipment used will be provided by the event organiser. Air Rifles will be Air Arms MPR.
What is the minimum age?
Athletes can compete if they were born in 2006, but no younger. Regarding GB Selection, this will be based on the ISSF ruling for the Target Sprint World Championships 2017.
Can I compete in a Ranking Race and National Series Race on the same day?
Yes. You can only enter one National Series Race/Heat at this event. Also, if you have been invited to take part in the Final Ranking Races, you are allowed to enter a National Series race as well if desired.
How do I qualify for the National Final?
You can only qualify for the National Final (held on Saturday 9th September at YOSC - Yate Outdoor Sports Complex) if you enter a National Series Race and are placed in the top 5 in your age/gender category.
NB, if any of the top 5 athletes have already qualified for the 2017 National Final, qualification will roll down the scoreboard.
Will I be contacted before the event?
Yes, the event organiser will contact you at least 7 days before the event and/or following the event closing date. If you haven’t heard from the event organiser, please email Events@BritishShooting.org.uk
Regarding the GB Ranking, can I compete in this Final Event even if I'm bot avaliable for the World CHampionships in Suhl Germany 23-25th June?
Yes, just please notify the event organiser as soon as possible.
Do I need to bring anything to the event?
After entering you will be added to the list of entrants, so no need to bring your event confirmation. Just wear suitable clothing and footwear for a running and shooting event.
What is your refund policy?
No refunds will be available.
Do I have to have experience of shooting?
No. Limited coaching will be available as part of the day.
If I get selected to represent GB, am I eligible for funding?
An athlete selected by British Shooting to attend an international competition has no automatic right to any form of funding from British Shooting. Attendance at the competition will always depend on the availability of adequate funds. Following athlete selection, British Shooting will work with selected athletes to help to identify funding options where possible, to support their preparations and participation at the Target Sprint World Championships 2017.
I have a question for the organiser.
Please email email@example.com