Actions and Detail Panel
Brompton Patients Matter - Campaign March
Sat 18 March 2017, 10:30 – 13:30 GMT
WILL YOU JOIN US IN OUR FIGHT!
On Saturday 18th March we will be holding our first public demonstration against NHS England's plans to end vital services for babies, children and adults at Royal Brompton Hospital.
We will meet at 10.30am on the day in Dovehouse Green, with a strict set off time of 11am. We will march a distance of 2km around the vicinity of the hospital - creating as much noise and awareness as possible! Join us again after the march for refreshments, speeches and photographs.
ALL WELCOME! Please sign up today. We will keep you informed of the finer details by email.
NHS England have launched a public consultation on plans to stop Royal Brompton providing congenital heart disease (CHD) services – plans that would affect over 14,000 heart and lung disease patients at the hospital.
WE NOW NEED YOUR HELP to make sure they finally listen to what patients, loved ones and supporters think about their plans for Royal Brompton.
NHS England’s public consultation is not good enough.
- They don’t explain how the care our patients receive would be made better by these plans
- They don’t say that Royal Brompton’s CHD service is already one of the UK’s biggest and best
- They ignore the impact they will have on patients with conditions like cystic fibrosis and asthma.
- They don’t mention how their plan would destroy Royal Brompton’s world-leading CHD research unit, nor the negative impact this would have on future treatment and care
- They don’t admit how much all of this is going to cost the NHS and the taxpayer
WE REFUSE TO LET THEM DESTROY A PERFECTLY GOOD SERVICE THAT HAS HELPED SO MANY PEOPLE AND SAVED SO MANY LIVES.
You can find more information about this issue and our campaign on our website.
Our NHS and Royal Brompton is not there for NHS England managers: it is for the patients and the public.
NOW is the time to make a difference and MAKE THEM LISTEN.