Brook Talks About: Abortion; decisions and dilemmas
Thursday, 19 January 2017 from 09:30 to 16:00 (GMT)
19 January 2017 9.30am to 4.00pm - Brook Milton Keynes
Quaker Centre, 1 Oakley Gardens, Milton Keynes, MK15 9BH
Tickets available: Free*, Early Bird and Standard
Abortion; decisions and dilemmas is based on the project Education for Choice. To find out more visit www.brook.org.uk/our-work/category/education-for-choice.
The course will aim to raise awareness and understanding of teenage pregnancy and abortion so that professionals can facilitate constructive discussion of the issues and equip young people to make and act on informed choices, to enable practitioners to provide clear information and supportive advice about abortion to young people and to facilitate reflection of personal attitudes and values and how they impact on professional practice.
By the end of the course participants will:
- be able to explore the importance of addressing abortion with young people and professionals
- have considered their own and others’ views on pregnancy and abortion and reflected on how these might influence their work with young people
- be able to use a range of activities to facilitate discussion of abortion with young people in group work
- feel more confident in delivering abortion education with in Sex and Relationships Education
- have considered practical ways of supporting a young person to make an informed decision about pregnancy and feel more confident in doing so
- have explored key legislation relating to young people, abortion and confidentiality
- know about abortion provision and understand abortion in relation to physical and emotional health.
Who is this training applicable to?
This course is for anyone working with young people.
*Who is eligible for a free place?
Professionals working in the location of the training with young people under 25 can access the training free of charge. Please note not all training locations are able to offer this, please refer to ticket types for information. If you have any queries regarding your eligibility please contact email@example.com.
Is the building accessible?
Yes all the training venues are accessible via a lift.
What is the cancellation/ refund policy?
Please note you will be charged if, having been offered a place, you fail to attend or do not cancel in writing within set time periods, including if your place is free, as set out in our cancellation policy which can be found on our webstie www.brook.org.uk/shop/education-and-training-cancellation-policy
Save This Event
When & Where
Brook is the UK's largest young people's sexual health charity and supports nearly 250,000 young people UK-wide, each year. We passionately believe that good quality training helps to counter health inequalities and Brook courses are designed to create a stimulating learning environment which encourages reflection, challenge, sharing of best practice and personal development.