Brook talks about: Sexual Health Information, Empowerment, Learning and Development (SHIELD) aims to introduce professionals to basic topics around sexual health and relationships in realtion to young people.
By the end of the training participants will be able to…
- list the different methods of contraception
- identify sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and know how to prevent them
- develop skills to support young people to achieve safe, healthy, happy relationships and sex
- explain confidentiality and the law
- identify sexual health and wellbeing services (including Brook) to signpost young people to.
Who is this training applicable to?
Anybody new to the sexual health and relationships field working with young people.
How can I pay?
If you are from outside of Wirral and want to attend the training you can either pay by card or request an invoice.
Is the building accessible?
Yes the training venue is accessible.
Is lunch provided?
No lunch will not be provided.
What is the cancellation/ refund policy?
Please note you will be charged if, having been offered a place, you fail to attend or do not cancel in writing within set time periods, including if your place is free, as set out in our cancellation policy which can be found on our website.