San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please note: This event is not a drop in. To get the most out of the morning we advise you arrive at the school for 10:30am
Open Day sessions give you the chance find out more about osteopathy and studying at the BSO. They give you the opportunity to meet practising osteopaths, watch them demonstrating osteopathic technique, and ask them about their work. You can also find out more about how studying at the BSO would fit in with you own particular circumstances.
When & Where
The British School of Osteopathy
The British School of Osteopathy (BSO) is the UK’s oldest and largest school of osteopathy. Located at the heart of central London’s cultural and commercial life, the BSO is easily accessible via major transport networks. In 2012, the British School of Osteopathy (BSO) won the coveted Times Higher Education award for Outstanding Contribution to the Local Community. The award related to our clinics which have offered thousands of free and subsidised treatments in one of London’s most disadvantaged areas.
Since opening in 1917, the school has been at the forefront of osteopathic education and research, fostering leading figures within the profession.
The BSO's pre-registration courses are focused on providing the best levels of patient care, incorporating:
● Comprehensive anatomical and physiological education
● Extensive clinical practice and technique development
● Specialist osteopathic interests
● Tuition from expert practitioners
● Placements in community clinic settings – such as in a drop in centre for the homeless,
an NHS GP surgery, the Royal Free Hospital and Darwin Court, a centre for older people
● Active intellectual environment with regular talks, debates and visiting lecturers
● Accreditation from the General Osteopathic Council