Build A Website In A Day
- Attendees will need to bring a laptop to this session. If you are unable please let me know and I shall arrange one to be available for you.
For many freelancers and sole traders, the idea of having a website feels like a luxury, and an expensive one at that. Many will even question whether they need to have a website, but in almost all cases the answer is yes. People are online right now looking for products, services and providers, if you’re not there to be found they’re spending their money with someone else. This workshop will show you how in the space of one day, you can go from having a business, to having an online business, allowing you to be putting your services in front of customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We will show you how to create and promote a website at no cost, examining the various plugins and widgets that can help you market your business better and tell you about the types of content your customers want to see. Then once your website’s up and running, we’ll share our tips on the most important step, how to make sure people are looking at it. You will leave this workshop with a functioning website which you can take away and continue to develop for your business.
Tutor: Liz Hardwick
Biog: Liz has a strong background in digital technology, in particular Digital Storytelling and getting participants to tell their stories with a variety of multi-media technologies - that could be social media, audio, video, photography, graphics, experimental, mixed media or a mixture of them all. She is a social media surgeon, runs support sessions on a regular basis for non-profit organisations, organises and attends a variety of geeky events. Liz is an advocate for open source technologies, and regularly speaks on Digital Technology and Women in Technology, at conferences across the globe.
Trainer / Owner of DigiEnable, a digital training company offering a wide range of fun and engaging workshops, which show that with the right support, technology is not as scary as some think it is. Specialising in making the digital world accessible to everyone.
Time: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Cost: BECTU members £75.00 non BECTU members £110.00
We appreciate that when circumstances change you may no longer be able to attend a training course date you have already booked and paid for.
Whilst we will always try our best to accommodate any alterations to your plans, BECTU has a standard cancellation policy which is as follows:
- if you notify us (phone/email) 3 full days or longer before the scheduled course date you will not be charged and will be refunded in full any course fees you have paid.
- for any cancellation you make that is less than 3 full days before the course date, you will be charged 50% of the total course fee with 50% refunded. This is unless you can demonstrate to us extenuating circumstances.
- if you do not attend the course and/or fail to notify us in advance you will be charged the full course fee.
- we are unable to reimburse any non-transferable travel or accommodation expenses that may arise from a course being re-scheduled or cancelled.
BECTU reserves the right to cancel courses without liability. However, where possible, delegates will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.