Actions and Detail Panel
Building an Impactful Social Mobility Strategy
Fri 16 June 2017, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
Many employers are gaining competitive advantage by smoking out hidden talent, and guarding against overlooking high potential candidates in recruitment.
Through presentation, practical exercises and discussion, this dynamic workshop will explore the key elements of a successful strategy to promote social mobility.
Attendees will leave with strategic insights and practical tools to support their work in this important area.
Who should attend?
Generally targeted towards to senior (and intermediate depending on level of influence in organisation/client/etc.). This is a strategic topic fitting into a broader diversity discussion
Benefits of attending?
• The business case for social mobility
• Monitoring and measuring social mobility
• Campus attraction strategies that access ‘harder to reach’ talent
• Selection criteria and tools that guard against overlooking talent
• The use and misuse of contextual data in recruitment
• Early engagement with schools, colleges
• Communicating the agenda to internal and external stakeholders
Course instructor: Nik Miller of The Bridge Group and an AGR associate
- ''An interesting, engaging session. Lots of useful information and practical tips. Enjoyable, well- delivered session'' – Lisa Powell, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- ''Good info about use of data; use of contacts; helping to build a strategy. Practical knowledge as well as theory. It was excellent! Very informative and Nick was brilliant, explained things very well.'' – Madeleine de Bois, Royal Bank of Canada
- ''Really useful – given me lots of ideas.'' – Suzanne Ingram, Shoosmiths
- ''The workshop was great in understanding the impact of social media on recruitment.'' - Risha Lakhani, BT
- ''Most beneficial in the session - the amount of University data that I did not know existed!'' – Gemma Bowles, Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP