Building Bridges in Medical Sciences is a one-day conference for students and early-career researchers.
BBMS brings together scientists from different disciplines, career stages and countries to share cutting-edge biomedical research and develop useful connections with each other.
The conference emphasizes why tackling biomedical research and global health challenges needs an interdisciplinary approach.
Our exciting line-up of speakers for BBMS17 includes:
- Prof David Heymann (Chair of the Health Protection Agency, UK)
- Dr Clare Turnbull (Clinical lead at the 100,000 Genomes Project)
- Dr Tamar Geiger (Clinical proteomics at Tel Aviv University)
- Dr Selina Wray (Alzheimer’s Research UK research fellow, UCL)
- Dr Shouleh Nikzad (NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech)
- Dr Simon Warner (Chief Scientific Officer at Oxitec)
- Prof Andrew Hayward (Head of the Department of Infectious Disease Informatics, Farr Institute, UCL).
There will also be an interactive poster competition, elevator pitches from healthcare startups, and networking sessions.
Join us for an enriching and enlightening day of talks and networking!