Actions and Detail Panel
Building Information Modeling (BIM) Mumbai
Sun 9 April 2017, 19:00 – 22:00 IST
Discover how BIM (Building Information Modeling) can provide visualization of space planning to better understand the programmatic relationships of your building design to capture non-graphical data about the project that can be reported in schedules.
Next, we look at how BIM manages phased construction and renovations through an organizational construct to represent time, known as 4D.
Then, we will look at design options which provides an organizational methodology to explore “what-if” scenarios for building design in a singular model construct.
Moving on we explore BIM’s abilities to create building documents that are accurate and coordinated.
Finally, we explore digital fabrication of architectural building components through Autodesk® Fusion™ 360. Students receive free* access to download Autodesk® Revit® software.
In this online course, we will cover the following topics:
- Space planning: areas and space plans
- Phased design and design options
- Building documentation: wall sections and enlarged details and annotations, and schedules
- Digital fabrication: create an architectural component in Fusion 360, fabricate it, and import geometry into Revit
Click enroll to get up and running with Revit.
** Special course fee only through EventBrite! **
Online. 24/7 access.
Who is the target audience?
This course is for intermediate level users of Revit. Knowledge of 3D modeling and Revit is required.
This course is suitable for Architects, Engineers, Builders, Project Managers.
What will you learn in this course?
By the end of this online course you will...
- Understand how to add metadata to Building Information Modeling spatial model elements for areas and spaces.
- Develop views of your project that represent time-based sequences of a project for either new construction or renovations to existing buildings.
- Create multiple design options to explore and evaluate different design paths within a singular model for exterior and interior design.
- Learn effective building documentation techniques for presenting your designs through building sections, wall sections, enlarged details, and schedules.
- Learn about design processes that support digital fabrication for architectural building components
Professional Bodies Requirements
This 24/7 online course will help professionals within the building industry to maintain CPD or CEC credits.
Members of professional bodies within the Building Design and Construction Industry are required to complete formal and informal CPD each calendar year.
Yes. The Academy's official Certificate of Attendance.
Yes. 8 CPD points valid three years.
Learn more about this course: