Designed for newly-appointed deputy and assistant head teachers, this course explores your role and responsibilities and helps you identify a personal development plan to support or complement your induction into your new position. Feeling confident and equipped to take on new roles and responsibilities is vital to help your school maintain its focus and progress the priorities in your school plan.
Objectives of this course
- consider the range and scope of roles and responsibilities of deputy and assistant head teachers
- consider the key areas of headship and identify those where they have already had some experience
- practise ways of encouraging a problem-solving approach to issues
- clarify the importance of emotional intelligence in leadership
- be able to use a range of problem-solving/evaluation techniques when implementing and developing change
- reflect on the school improvement plan, your job description and appraisal objectives in order to formulate a development plan which provides opportunities for each delegate to build on their strengths and identify areas for further development
- formulate a draft personal plan which can then be used as a discussion document with your head teacher
Course facilitator: Dr Chris Greenland
Please note that the start time shown allows for registration and refreshments, the course programme will be sent to each delegate via the email supplied with the final information.
Members of NAHT can enjoy our courses and conferences at a subsidised rate so join here today and start enjoying the benefits of membership.
Please do not book travel or accomodation without checking with the Professional Development team on firstname.lastname@example.org that the course will be going ahead.
The NAHT has the right to cancel the course if insufficient bookings are received.
By booking a place you are accepting NAHT's terms and conditions.
Do I need my membership number to book?
Yes. If you are booking a member place you will be required to enter the correct membership number. You can find your membership number by phoning membership on 0300 3030333 option 2.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
The Professional Development team can be contacted on email@example.com or 01444 472405.
Is my booking transferrable?
Bookings may only be transferred at the discretion of the Professional Development team. These will need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org before the event. Transfers and cancellations may be subject to a charge.
Within 20 working days - 25% charge
Within 10 working days - 50% charge
Within 5 working days - 75% charge
Within 2 working days - 100% charge
Can I update my registration information?
Any updates to your booking must be made in writing to the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Does the name on the booking need to match the attendee?
The names of each individual attendee must be entered during the booking process along with a unique email address for each attendee as this will be used for the final confirmation.