All of us experience difficult times within our lives and face pressures. How is that some people 'bounce back' quickly in situations and others find it hard to recover?
Resilience is defined as 'the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties'. It is not necessarily something that we are born with, but it is something that can be developed. In this engaging and stimulating training course you will explore resilience, deepen your understanding of it and learn ways of how to develop it further.
On the course we will:
- Define our understanding of resilience and explore our own experience of 'being resilient'
- Give you space to think about your own life difficulties as well as how you can support people you work with
- 10 strategies for developing resilience
- Exploring negative thinking, emotions and boundaries and how it impacts our ability to be resilient
- Practical tools for keeping emotionally well
Free parking is available on the day at the Village Hotel car park (you will need a code from reception to exit the car park).
We thought it would be nice to eat together so we are suggesting a 'bring and share' lunch. If you could bring something tasty for us all to try, we'll provide plates, cups and cutlery!