This session is now fully booked however we are running this course again on the 2nd December. Check our full training listing for details.
This half day masterclass will guide you through the process of developing a mutually beneficial volunteering relationship with a business.
Business volunteering often known as ‘employer- supported volunteering’ (ESV) can be a mutually beneficial experience for both charity and business.
Charities can benefit from attracting new volunteers with specialist skills and industry experience. Employers who support volunteering can benefit from team building, positive PR and skills development.
In this session we will consider:
- Why businesses support volunteering and what are the opportunities to engage with businesses in the Harrogate District
- What makes a good ESV programme
- What does your charity have to offer and how to decide which businesses would best match your charity
- What might you need to do to prepare for ESV
- How to build and manage mutually beneficial relationships.
- How to attract new relationships with businesses.
This is an interactive session and there will be opportunities to share and learn from your own experiences and past successes.
By the end of the course you will…
- Have a better understanding of how your organisation could benefit from ESV.
- Feel more confident in developing new volunteer roles and approaching a local business.
This training is aimed at trustees, charity chief execs, directors or decision makers and staff or volunteers with responsibility for recruiting and managing volunteers
Nina Muir, Funding and Development Officer will be delivering the training. Nina is a qualified trainer and has extensive experience of working with volunteer managers and Trustees as well as personal experience of employee volunteering. If you have any questions about the training contact Nina: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone 01423 504074
This training is funded by the 29th May 1961 Charitable Trust
There will be refreshments provided and a training pack to take away.
If you have any questions about booking or would like to request an invoice please contact email@example.com or telephone 01423 504074.
When & Where
Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service
Harrogate & Ripon Centres for Voluntary Service is registered charity specialising in providing support for staff and volunteers working in the Voluntary Sector.
Our courses cover a wide range of topics including: fundraising, governance and volunteer management and attract attendees from across the UK.
All our trainers are PTTLS qualified and have extensive experience of delivering training for both the voluntary and statutory sectors.