Get ready for Burns Night by testing your knowledge of ‘Tam o’ Shanter’ and the Scots language in a quick-fire, not-too-serious read-round challenge.
Competitors can win a Compact Scots Dictionary or A Modern Scots Grammar. Can you get Tam to the keystane o’ the brig, or will you be like Maggie – stumped? Spectators are needed to help us pick a winner. This will be Burns as you have never heard him before. With some braw music too.
Includes a dram sponsored by The Scotch Whisky Experience.
Visit the home of the World’s Largest Collection of Scotch Whisky
When & Where
Scottish Poetry Library Events Programme
- We ask ticket buyers to pay the Eventbrite ticket booking fee, included in your ticket price if you purchase online, as otherwise the cost of selling tickets online is prohibitive for us as a charity. If you do not wish to pay the ticket fee, you are most welcome to purchase your tickets in person at the SPL reception desk any time before your event, provided it is not sold out. Tickets purchased in person will not incur a booking fee however tickets bought for the event on the day will be charged at the price advertised on Eventbrite.
- If you need a carer/companion to help you access this event, they will be eligible for a free ticket to the event. Please contact email@example.com.
- We are unable to provide refunds for events if you cannot attend. If we have to cancel an event due to unforeseen emergencies such as extreme weather conditions, we will refund all ticket buyers for the full cost of their tickets.
- Concession tickets apply to children (under 15), students (with valid matriculation card), Young Scot card holders, Senior Citizens, Disability (Carers go free), Claimants (Jobseekers Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Housing Benefit), NHS employees (with proof of employment).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.