San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bushcraft Camping Weekend
Get out in the open, back to nature, and camp by the river at our new Bushcraft Camp in Steyning in one of our cosy, handmade canvas Baker Tents.
A Baker Tent, in its construction, is pretty simple and can be opened up to allow the heat of your campfire to circulate throughout. They are even sometimes referred to as ‘Camp Fire Tents’, for this reason.
Super cosy and perfect for a winter camp, but also breathable and open for warmer weather. Pretty versatile and not a spot of nylon in sight!
Your Baker Tent will be set up for you on arrival, with the following items. And if you fall in love with it – we have more – packed up and ready for you to take home with you in our canvas carry case!
Get the authentic, traditional Bushcraft and canoe camp experience, reminiscent of the adventures of our absolute hero, Bill Mason.
Extras Available on Site
- Billy Can Breakfast – cooked for you on site, using local ingredients - £8
- Extra Logs - £5
- Wood Fired Pizzas – cooked for you on site on our clay oven. £8-12
- Fancy one of our Bell Tents instead? Our canvas bells include all items listed above in the Cosy Camper experience, for £300 per 2 night stay (based on 2 adults sharing)
October - April Caution:
Our winter camp is as warm and toasty as we can make it – but it is still winter! So DO still bring warm clothes – layers are best. Be sure to bring a warm hat, socks and gloves as heat will escape through those parts of the body first.
What you Might Like to Bring:
- Warm clothes, toasty socks, hat, scarf, gloves, PJs
- Walking boots/wellies
- Food & Drink
- Water Bottle
- Tools – knife, axe
- Leave no trace. Take all rubbish with you please and brownie points for recycling.
- No cars on site please – parking is within a very walkable distance
- Fires are to be kept within the fire pit and please do not burn your rubbish. Campers are trusted to be safe and keep children at a safe distance from the camp fire.
- Respect other campers and keep noise to a minimum
- Absolutely no children to be using the axe or knife provided, without supervision of our Bushcraft Instructors.
- Check-in is between 2pm- 8pm Friday and check out is 12 midday on Sunday. If you prefer a weekday stay, no problem – just let us know.
- 2 night minimum booking.
To ask questions, book for a larger group or just chat bushcraft, email us here