Actions and Detail Panel
BUSINESS AND LIFE PLANNING SYMPOSIUM and BDA AGM
Tue 4 April 2017, 18:00 – 21:30 BST
BUSINESS AND LIFE PLANNING SYMPOSIUM
6.00 – 6.30pm: Registration with coffee and tea, trade show
6.30 – 7.45pm: Lecture 1 Speaker: Simon Bell
Lifestyle Goals and retirement planning
- A Summary of the NHS Pension Scheme
- An update on the recent Annual Allowance and Lifetime Allowance legislation and how this affects dentists
- Insights on the most effective way to extract a NHS Pension to complement a private pension
- Opportunities for flexible retirement planning, with case studies
- Transitioning from full time working to full retirement; achieving and maintaining a dentist’s lifestyle goals.
7.45 – 8.30pm: Hot Buffet and Refreshments
8.45-9.30pm: Lecture 2 Speaker: Dee Gerrish
Business Consultant, Clear Vision Accountancy
The 21st Century Dentist/Accountant Partnership
- How the accountants role is changing from one of compliance to business advisory for dentists
- How a 21st century accountant puts the dentist and their life/family at the heart of their activities
- The concept of upside down financial forecasting to ensure the dentist’s personal goals are achieved
- Illustrations of the monthly and yearly management information that dentists require to drive business growth
- How this information contributes to the achievement of their business and personal goals
- The financial Key Performance Indicators pertaining to dental business growth
We will charge a registration fee of £11.21 of which we will donate £10.00 to the Benevolent Fund after the event.
Simon Bell BA (Hons), DipPFS, CeMap, CertCII (MP) of St. James’s Place Wealth Management.
Simon is a Financial Planner and Partner with St. James's Place Wealth Management, a FTSE 100 company with over £75bn of client funds under management
Simon joined St. James’s Place as a Partner at the beginning of 2010. Partners who join, do so on an invitation basis only, and have exclusive access to the St. James's Place Wealth Management distinctive approach to investment management, which includes the regular monitoring of their carefully selected group of the world’s leading external fund managers.
Simon is part of a small elite group within St. James's Place that specialises in advising the medical and dental professions, working alongside other professional advisers, such as solicitors and accountants to ensure a comprehensive approach to financial planning. Since 2004, Simon has been working closely with medical and dental practitioners to provide expert knowledge and advice on the unique issues they and their businesses face, designing bespoke financial solutions to achieve and maintain financial security.
Dee Gerrish MCIM PGDip of Clear Vision Accountancy
Business Consultant Dee Gerrish began to support dentists back in 2003 as Clear Vision Accountancy continued to be referred from one dentist to another.
A marketer and business developer at heart, Dee specialises in helping dentists enhance their patient-facing systems in order to improve the patient experience, thereby positively influencing their business performance.
Dee believes accountants can and should be helping dentists to link their personal goals to their businesses in order to make a difference to their lives. Here she will share how this process enables dentists to develop strong, positive businesses that also deliver the life they want for themselves and their families.