Actions and Detail Panel
Business Culture in Scandinavia and the Nordics Masterclass - Birmingham
Wed 15 February 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
The countries considered to comprise the Nordics are Iceland and Finland and Scandinavia are Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Norway, Sweden and Finland are the geographically largest nations and border each other between the Norwegian Sea and mainland Russia.
These countries are known for having highly developed economies and high standards of living. The region also covers a huge diversity of cultures and languages. To become a successful exporter, you need to develop cultural awareness. This free Business Culture Masterclass, delivered by an expert on the region, will help you to understand and overcome barriers.
The training will cover:
- culture: religion, language, beliefs, values and customs
- business and economic environment
- business communication and negotiation style
- challenges and solutions for doing business in this market
- understanding and overcoming common trade barriers / pitfalls
- market entry and protecting your business
- e-commerce strategy
- basic language (ice breaker)
For further information please contact: Gerti Willis, International Communication Adviser, Department for International Trade – West Midlands T: +44(0) 121 6071942 M: +44(0) 7971 144070 E: firstname.lastname@example.org