Business Culture in the Middle East Masterclass - Birmingham
The Middle East is a diverse, huge and challenging export market. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is the UK’s largest civil export market in the region and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the largest economy in the Arab world and an important export partner. Recent political progress has resulted in a positive outlook for UK-Iran trade relations and the UK Government fully supports expanding our trade relationship with Iran.
Western and Arab cultures have very different views how to do business and it is important to get a deeper understanding on what these differences are and how to overcome perceived barriers. Knowing your way around the do’s and don’ts in business culture will save you from uncomfortable miscommunications.
The training will cover:
- culture: religion, language, beliefs, values and customs
- business and economic environment
- business communication and negotiation style
- challenges and solutions for doing business in this market
- understanding and overcoming common trade barriers / pitfalls
- market entry and protecting your business
- e-commerce strategy
- basic language (ice breaker)
For further information please contact: Gerti Willis, International Communication Adviser, UK Trade and Investment – West Midlands
T: +44(0) 121 6071942 M: +44(0) 7971 144070 E: firstname.lastname@example.org