Business Opportunities in Latin America focus on Chile, Colombia and Mexico...
Cumbria Chamber of commerce has joined forces with the Department for International Trade North West to bring to you market specialists from Chile, Colombia and Mexico to provide export advice to companies who are actively looking to trade in these high growth markets.
Did you know?*
- Latin America has a population of nearly 600 million and has a larger middle class than China & India combined
- Sao Paulo and Bogota are the largest export markets for British luxury products
- By 2018, it is expected that almost 140 million people in Latin America will be buying goods and services online. A dramatic increase from the 84.7 million in 2013.
- Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru are part of the Pacific Alliance, a new trading bloc which is 8th in economic power and export force worldwide
- Colombia's middle class is forecasted to double over the next decade and higher disposable income
- Chile has more than double its economy in the last decade and has 22 FTAs with 64 countries
- In 2016, Mexico ranked 22nd in the World Atlas of Economic Complexity for their sophistication in manufacturing.
Sources: Department for International Trade, Statista, Canning House, eMarketer
Sector Opportunities for UK companies
- Retail | Consumer luxury goods
- Education & Training
- Environment & Renewable energies
- Oil & Gas
- Legal, financial and professional services
- Security & Defence
Current Business Opportunities
- Local Chilean distributor looking for non-genetically modified ingredients to supply the food industry. Deadline: 31/12/2016
- Colombia retailer looking to represent overseas brands of sport clothing. Deadline: 31/12/2016
- Local Colombian Company looking for suppliers of solar power plants. Deadline: 31/12/2016
- Brazilian company looking for tissue expander used in reconstruction surgeries. Deadline: 29/11/2016
- Mexican company interested in purchasing industrial security equipment such as gas detectors, gas analyzers, flame and smoke detectors. Deadline: 27/12/2016
Who should attend this event?
New to export or experienced exporters who are actively looking to grow their exports into this region. Please note that exporters will be given priority over service providers.
Service provider’s registrations will be confirmed a week before the event.
About the Event
Roundtable market presentations followed by networking with market advisers. Starts at 9:30 a.m with registrations and coffee and aimed to finish by 13:00 p.m.
This event is free of charge but registration is required.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know at least 5 working days before the event, so your place can be rellocated to any companies we may have on waiting list.
Registration is subject to availability and registration details will be shared with event's partners & sponsors.