The West Cheshire and North Wales Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce and the Department for International Trade North West welcomes companies in the region with an interest in finding out about Business Opportunities in South Africa.
Meet David Dawson, the CEO of the British Chamber of Business in Southern Africa, an international trade and export professional, with many years of experience at senior management level for South Africa's top blue-chip companies. This includes trading commodities for South Africa's largest food group, Tiger Brands, managing the International Trade Division of the world’s third largest brewing company, SABMiller and other export management roles. He has product experience in manufactured consumer and industrial goods, pharmaceutical, beverages, foodstuffs, FMCG, industrial and agricultural commodities. Allied to this, extensive global travel to Europe, Asia, South America and specifically Africa, namely, several hundred trade/business visits to some 30 sub-Saharan countries.
Why South Africa?
• The African economy has trebled in size over a decade
• 2013-2030, 24 economies expected to grow by +5%
• 27 African countries have attained middle income status (defined by World Bank)
• South Africa is most diverse/developed economy in Africa
• South Africa covers just 3% of the continent but contributes 25% GDP
• South Africa is the gateway to other Sub Saharan African markets
Who should attend?
• Well established exporters or importers looking to further expand their footprint in this market
• Novice exporters or importers who believe to be ‘export or import’ ready – with a clear exporting or importing strategy.
Business Clinic Format
Companies will have the chance to book 30 min one to one meetings with David Dawson to discuss your export opportunities. Each company is allowed one slot only and up to 2 delegates per company.
Date: 26th October 2016
From: 14:00 a.m till 17:00 p.m.
Where: Riverside Innovation Centre, 1 Castle Drive, Chester, CH1 1SL
Note on Parking: The nearest car park is called the ‘Roodee’ and a location map is attached. It is pay and display and you will need 4 x £1 coins for the parking machine.
Cost & Registration
Please note this is free of charge, but registration is required. Please follow the link to book your slot.
Please note that exporters and importers will take priority over non-exporting/importing companies. Registration will be verified in order to ensure a non-sales environment. We will confirm your registration over email.
If you have issues registering, please email email@example.com
If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place using either eventbrite or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 working days before the event. Failure to do so in writting will result in admin fee being invoice per delegate as follows:
Members: £10 +VAT
Non-Members : £15+VAT