Actions and Detail Panel
Business Owner's Exchange - Kingston Group
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:00 – 12:00 GMT
Business Owner's Exchange (BOE)
a peer group network providing business owners with the space to think and find solutions to the barriers holding them and their businesses back
The Programme is based on:
- Peer group network for established business owners
- Providing space for business owners to think through and explore issues impacting them, their staff and their business
- Making contacts and networking with other business owners boosts skills in dealing with practical management and leadership issues. Overall, the aim is to achieve more for themselves and making a more resilient business.
- The learning principle is based on Action Centred Learning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_learning a well-respected personal and business development technique.
How does Business Owners Exchange work?
- Approximately 8 business owners meet monthly
- Members share with the group what challenges they want to discuss – it can be lonely at the top so this may be the first time the challenge has been articulated – the simple process of describing the challenge is part of the action centred learning process
- Members then vote on which challenges to discuss
- Structured open questions provide the business owner with the opportunity to be challenged, review options and identify possible solutions
- To ensure the meetings are confidential, the Chatham House rule applies which means you can take away and share the learning experience but not refer implicitly or explicitly to the source
- The member session concludes with each member offering their thoughts on the what action their peer should take – sometimes this is a confirmation of a proposed course of action or a new and effective way to resolve their challenge - the peer is accountable for feeding back progress of the action at the next meeting
- Even if your challenge is not chosen you get to discuss and
Who is it for?
- Business owners who are looking to unlock the potential in themselves and their businesses
- An established small business with employees
- Owners with some “scars” of being in business; which also means you have experiences to share with other members in the group – and vice versa.
- Guest or taster session - complimentary
- £35 per month (paid quarterly in advance)
- Full Money back guarantee – if you feel this is not for you, you will receive a full refund for that session and any paid for in advance.