Communication skills are vital in any industry - sourcing information, interviewing and writing documents to relay key messages to various audiences are some of the key skills that can be developed through the course. The two-day course is taught by the leading journalist, Marianne Gray, who has extensive experience both as a journalist and as a trainer.
The course is essentially very realistic and contemporary. It is a relaxed class that covers a lot of ground and is designed to make your business corporate writing stand out in a crowd. It guides delegates on how to find and write vital information in the best style and deliver it to the correct reader. In class we write documents like mission statements, press releases, USPs and corporate documents for external, in-house, web and blog use. We also do interviews and test examples of writing among delegates.
We will do our best to incorporate individual training needs. Prior to the course taking place, you will be required to provide details on your current role and areas that you wish to improve in terms of writing and what you are looking to gain from the course. The training is designed to be practical and offers considerable advice and information.
Course delegates will submit a 1,500 word feature two weeks after completing the course. Topics can be related to either professional occupations or personal interest.
2 Day Intensive Course
DAY ONE" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant-caps: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
- Business Writing Styles: The Right Ingredients
- Grammar and Punctuation, Awkward Challenges and How to Meet Them
- Building Blocks and Writing Succinctly
- Structuring Text and Writing to House Style
Writing for Social Media and Blogs
Writing a Business Speech
Delegates will tackle hands-on exercises at the end of each section to cement their learning, and personal achievement will be assessed throughout the two days. Delegates will not undertake an examination on this course.
- Class exercise: write a short article for a blog (a choice of topics are given).
- Class exercise: write a short business report (a choice of topics are given).
- Class exercise: write a newsletter as part of internal comms to announce a new service within the company.
- A corporate report of 1,000-1,500 words submitted two weeks from completion of the course.
Do you have questions about Business Writing – 2 Day Training Course?
Contact London School for Public Relations (LSPR)