Actions and Detail Panel
Button Walk 2017
Fri, 26 May 2017, 19:00 – Wed, 31 May 2017, 22:00 BST
Hello Button Friend,
You will know that Nick and Delia have been somewhat unfortunate with the cards they have been dealt with from a health point of view. Roberta's recent diagnosis of MS has prompted me to organise an event this Spring which would allow us, as friends and family of Nick, Delia, Edward and Roberta, to show our love and support when they are facing very challenging times.
So let me introduce you to-
BUTTON WALK 2017
The plan is to walk from Bubbenhall to Tewskesbury following as close as possible, the course of the River Avon.
- The Button Walk event is free to join
- You will get a T-Shirt emblazoned with the Button Walk Logo
- The route is 61 miles in total and will be spread across 6 days (10 miles a day) and is loosely illustrated on the attached flyer
- Starting Friday 26th May and finishing on WORLD MS DAY – Wednesday 31st May 2017 (includes Monday May Bank Holiday)
- You, may join us for as little, or as much of the route as you would like - ½ day to 6 days
- It will include good walking surfaces that will allow Delia to join where feasible
- Lunch mid-day stops will be at convenient pubs where we may get refreshment in readiness for the afternoon challenge
- A picnic on the banks of the river is planned for the Monday Bank Holiday at Bidford-on-Avon
- We encourage you to make a suitable donation to our chosen Charity
I expect this to be a fun, enjoyable and sociable event, but of course, we should not miss the opportunity to raise money.
Our chosen charity is the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation. Their mission is to "Bring the world together to improve the quality of life of everybody affected by MS and to end MS forever."
What would we want you to do next?
- Use this page to tell us who is coming and who would like a T-Shirt
- Use our JustGiving (https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ButtonWalk-2017) to make a donation to the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation
- Pass this email onto your family and friends
Join us in this unique adventure along the River Avon. We will pass through some lovely countryside, and charming towns and villages. You know it makes sense!
See you all in May,