Participants must have attended Level 1 Sex and Relationships, or have experience of sexual health work. Participants will need to:
- have a good understanding of the law relating to sex and young people, including under 13’s.
- be confident in referring young people to sexual health services
- have considered how their work encourages good sexual health in young people
- have considered the reasons why young people have sex
It is also recommended that professionals attend ‘Myth Busting: STIs & Contraception’, and ‘Resisting Pressure: Helping Young People to make Informed Choices’.
To prepare workers to run Bristol’s C Card scheme in their own organisation (the scheme aims to make free condoms more widely available to young people under 25).
- Receive an introduction and background to the scheme
- Look at the practical issues involved in providing condoms to young people, including those under 16
- Practice ‘the conversation’ (the C Card registration process)
- Become familiar with the monitoring and administration of the scheme
Bristol Sex and Relationship Training Network - Anne-marie Holbrook
Half a day (am and pm courses available)
6 per year
Please book using the button next to the date you wish to attend above.
Places on the course are usually awarded on a first come first serve basis. However, if the course is oversubscribed, we will limit the number of people applying from the same organisation. Once you have booked your place you will be sent a confirmation email through Eventbrite. Should we need to change the event details or your booking as a result of being oversubscribed we will contact you at the earliest convenience.
These courses are free but if you cannot attend you must let us know 5 working days before the course or you will be charged £60 for full-day courses and £30 for half-day courses. Please email email@example.com if you cannot attend.