C1 (previously SG1)
Wednesday 24th May 2017, 1.30pm-4.30pm at St Mary, Putney
Trainer: DSA, with voluntary trainers
- New PSOs, Churchwardens and those leading and helping in children and adults' work who haven't previously done Diocesan safeguarding training
- SPAs, Readers, self-supporting ministers and those holding Permission to Officiate
- Be aware of the range of current state legislation, statutory guidance and House of Bishops' guidance relevant to safeguarding
- Describe their personal role and responsibilities in relation to others, including self-protection, and to whom to report safeguarding concerns and information
- Evidence how they respond well to safeguarding information, including who to inform, referral for investigation and the boundaries of confidentiality
- Work safely in their role following House of Bishops/Diocesan/Parish preventative practice guidance
- Give an account of why safeguarding matters in terms of Christian beliefs.
Please note: if you don't cancel without informing us in advance we may charge a non-attendance fee of £10.