San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Digital Photography for Beginners
with professional photographer Tony Ellis
The workshop will run with a minimum of 2 people and maximum of 4. This small friendly group size will ensure that all participants will receive lots of individualised instruction with their camera.
The course will look at
Hour 1 – The camera
- How it works
- how to use it effectively
- what the settings mean
- what settings are best for all situations
Hour 2 – Simple tips to transform your photos
- Point of view
- the eight great things that all stunning photos need to have
Hour 3 – Practical shoot
- We leave the classroom and go for a walk around the local area putting into practice some of the new things we have learnt
You will need to bring with you a digital camera (and ideally it’s user manual) a notepad and pen or laptop for notes. You will receive an email after the session with notes attached covering everything in the session.
PLEASE NOTE: To cover the cost of room hire, this workshop will only run with a minimum of 2 people. We will email you should inadequate numbers be reached and offer you alternative dates. Why not enrol with a friend using the discount two for one offer to confirm the event ?
Save This Event
When & Where
PictureGenie workshops are run by Caroline Duffy & Tony Ellis. We offer digital photography and digital editing workshops in Central Cambridge. We currently offer
- Digital Photography for Beginners. This 3 hour workshop designed for the notice starting with the very basic use of their camera. It would also suit those who are keen photographers who want to move away from auto and improve their creative skiils. 2 hrs classroom based plus 1 hour location shot in local area. CLICK HERE to view workshop details.
- Image Editing (using Adobe Photoshop) for beginners. This 4 hour introduction to Photoshop will cover the basics of photo-editing, including cropping and resizing, colour correction, under/over exposure, make-overs, restoration, removing unwanted objects and imperfections, sharpening, special effects and montages.
- How to create stunning Photo books (and other photo gifts) for beginners. Do you have a computer full with digital photographs that you do not know what to do with or have the time to? In this 2 hour workshop you will learn how to turn your digital library into stunning personalised Photo Books and other great gift ideas.
Workshop sizes are small to ensure that each delegate receives the individual tuition necessary to master the aims and objectives of the session.
We also offer one2one training offering a bespoke session focusing on specific skills or a particular project you wish to carry out.