Actions and Detail Panel
Cambridge - How to create your own Photo Book Workshop - 30 March 2017
Thu 30 March 2017, 13:00 – 16:00 BST
Do you have a computer full of digital photographs that you do not know what to do with or have the time to? You may have decades of precious family photos from events like weddings, holidays, concerts, birthdays - all probably mounting up and trapped inside your computer waiting to get out. Well now is the time to bring your pictures to life!
Photo Books make great gift ideas for Christmas; significicant birthdays; aniversaries; baby year books; capturing holidays as well as making great product or artist portfolios.
With a little know how you can turn your digitlal library into beautiful personalised photo books, stationery, posters, calendars, wall art and much more.
This workshop is suitable for anyone without any experience of photo editing or using custom templates to create Photo books. We will be using one of the well known commercial on-line printing companies; either Snapfish, PhotoBox or Blurb.
10.00 - 11:50 Workshop (See content below)
11:50 Question & answer session / Feedback
- Create an online account
- Create and save an album to your account
- Upload a group of photographs into a newly created album
- Become familiar with the online interface so you are able to navigate around the site and browse through your on-line photo albums
- Browse and choose your album dimensions / colour / finish
- Browse and choose your album theme including page background images and colour scheme.
- Insert a selection of pages with various layout options. Customise number and position of photographs.
- Drop and drag your photos into your photo book template
- Edit photos including; red eye removal / re-size / rotate / apply effects – Black & White or Sepia.
- Shuffle pages.
- Save & review your album
- Add to shopping basket and you are done!
- We will also have a look at other ideas (posters / calendars /personalised cards / mugs / key rings / mouse mats etc.)
Our small friendly workshops (minimum 2, maximum 4) ensure all participants get individualised instruction and leave the workshop with all the skills they need to create beautiful books.
What to bring
You will need to bring the following to the workshop
- Your own Laptop*
- Notepad and pen
- 20+ digital photographs to create a sample album. These do not necesarily need to be your final images to create a photo book but it is helpful to have a batch of pictures to work with. These photographs should either be stored in a folder on the desktop or on a memory stick.
* I have two laptops that I am happy to loan for the duration of the workshop but please email BEFORE you register to confirm availability.
PLEASE NOTE: To cover the cost of room hire, this workshop will only run with a minimum of 2 people. Why not enrol with a friend? We will email you should inadequate numbers be reached and offer you alternative dates. Or consider booking a one2one session.
One to One training
If you are unable to attend this workshop or would prefer a one to one training session where we can focus on your individual learning needs and tailor the session to you, do contact us on 07944 267113 to discuss your requirements and arrange a suitable date and time.