San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Adobe InDesign is regarded as the industry standard application for producing single and multi page documents such as posters, brochures and magazines. Through this 1/2 day course (3 hours) you will learn how to create documents and prepare them for print or export as a PDF.
- Managing the Adobe InDesign environment
- Setting up a single page document
- Working with type
- Wrapping text around images
- Importing and scaling images to correct proportion and resolution
- Utilizing colours and swatches
- Setting up a multi-page document.
- Basic introduction to master pages, working with style sheets
- Packaging (archiving) document for future use
- Preparing documents for print
- Creating Acrobat PDF file
Course requirements: This workshop is suitable for anyone with basic PC or Mac skills who wishes to learn InDesign from scratch or wants to improve their existing knowledge of the program.
One to One training
If you are unable to attend this workshop or would prefer a one to one training session where we can focus on your individual learning needs and tailor the session to you, do contact us on 07944 267113 to discuss your requirements and arrange a suitable date and time.
PLEASE NOTE: To cover the cost of room hire, this workshop will only run with a minimum of 2 people. Why not enrol with a friend using the discount two for one offer? We will email you should inadequate numbers be reached and offer you alternative dates.
When & Where
PictureGenie workshops are run by Caroline Duffy & Tony Ellis. We offer digital photography and digital editing workshops in Central Cambridge. We currently offer
- Digital Photography for Beginners. This 3 hour workshop designed for the notice starting with the very basic use of their camera. It would also suit those who are keen photographers who want to move away from auto and improve their creative skiils. 2 hrs classroom based plus 1 hour location shot in local area. CLICK HERE to view workshop details.
- Image Editing (using Adobe Photoshop) for beginners. This 4 hour introduction to Photoshop will cover the basics of photo-editing, including cropping and resizing, colour correction, under/over exposure, make-overs, restoration, removing unwanted objects and imperfections, sharpening, special effects and montages.
- How to create stunning Photo books (and other photo gifts) for beginners. Do you have a computer full with digital photographs that you do not know what to do with or have the time to? In this 2 hour workshop you will learn how to turn your digital library into stunning personalised Photo Books and other great gift ideas.
Workshop sizes are small to ensure that each delegate receives the individual tuition necessary to master the aims and objectives of the session.
We also offer one2one training offering a bespoke session focusing on specific skills or a particular project you wish to carry out.