Actions and Detail Panel
Cambridge Network: Mayoral election hustings event, 5th April
Wed 5 April 2017, 17:00 – 20:00 BST
The inaugural Cambridgeshire and Peterborough mayoral election will be held on 4 May 2017 to elect the mayor of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, established by the seven local councils across the county with funding devolved to the local region. This hustings event provides Cambridge Network and Cambridge BID members to learn more from the prospective candidates prior to the vote in May.
As part of the devolution deal, the responsibilities of the combined authority will include the following:
- A £600 million budget for local economic growth (£20 million over 30 years)
- A £170 million budget for housing, including affordable and council housing, with £70 million specifically for housing in Cambridge
- Transport infrastructure improvement and maintenance
- Provision of skills training and apprenticeships
- Integration of local health and social care resources
- Integration of local employment services, and design of a National Work and Health Programme alongside the Department for Work and Pensions
The combined authority will be chaired by a directly elected mayor.
We believe all the candidates from the major parties will attend; this is the day after the nominations close.
Please submit your questions in advance so we can manage the time at the event and cover as many topics as possible.
The event is free to members of Cambridge Network and Cambridge BID.
If you are a Cambridge BID member please sign up below.
If you are a Cambridge Network member please sign up here